Silica Fume Applications
Today, Silica Fume is used in numerous industries, including refractory, plastics, clay, electronic materials, adhesives, silicone rubber, precision casting, and more. Silica fume can be further subdivided based on its application:
- Refractories. Silica fume is commonly used in castable, sintered, and fused refractories. For example, it can be used in high-performance, high-grade, and low-cement refractory castables and prefabricated parts, air permeable bricks, large-scale iron trenches and ladles, and more.
- Mortar and concrete. Silica fume can also be used for harbour wharfs, high-rise buildings, railway bridges, reservoir dams, concrete pavement, and more.
- Protective coatings. Nano-silica sol serves as an active material for fire protection, environmental protection, and anticorrosive coating.
- Wall and decorative materials. Silica fume can also be used for thermal insulation mortar, polymer mortar, and as an interface agent for wall insulation.
- Putty. Microsilica can be used in putty powder for exterior and interior wall insulation.
- Filling and reinforcement. It is also used as filling and reinforcing materials in resin, rubber, paint, unsaturated polyester, and more.
- Additives. Finally, silica fume is commonly used as an additive in other active areas.