85% Densified Silica Fume
85% Densified Silica Fume
85% Densified Silica Fume is a micro-silica fume with 85% SiO2 content, and the Bulk density is 250-400kg/m³.
Silica fume, also known as silica powder or Micro silica, is a kind of micro powder product which is recovered by dust collector after a large amount of smoke and dust produced by ore heating furnace in the production of ferro silicon or silicon metal. Its characteristics are: extremely fine particles, large specific surface area and good activity.
The main component of silica fume is SiO2, with a small amount of impurities such as C, Fe2O3, K2O, CaO, Na2O, etc. Due to its inherent characteristics, the average particle size is 0.23 um, the specific surface area is 20 m2/g, and the sieve residue of 45 um is less than 3%. By adding silica fume into concrete, the compacting, impermeability, corrosion resistance, frost resistance and other properties of concrete can be greatly improved. In concrete, the amount added is 5-10% of the cement content.
|State||Amorphous -Sub-micron powder|
|Color||Gray to medium gray powder|
|Specific Gravity||2.10 to 2.40|
|Bulk Density -Densified||42 to 48 lb/'(674 to 770 kg/m³)|
|Bulk Density -Undensified “as produced”||12 to 20 lb/(192 to 320 kg/m³）|
|Silicon Dioxide (SiO₂)%||85.0 % Minimum|
|Moisture Content %||3.0% Maximum|
|Loss on Ignition (LOI) %||6.0% Maximum|
|Oversize percent retained on 45-um (325 sieve)||10.0 % Maximum|
|Accelerated Porzolaric Strength Activity Index|
with Portland cement(7 day)
|Specific Surface||15 ㎡/g Minimum|
21.10 m2 /g
- Water conservancy and hydropower engineering: in the anti-seepage and anti-abrasion parts, after mixing with micro-silica powder, it can greatly improve the anti-seepage, anti-cracking, anti-abrasion and anti-cavitation performance.
- The production of high-strength concrete: silica powder as admixture to make high-strength concrete, the actual application of its strength level can be achieved 100Mpa.
- Seaport engineering: concrete mixed with silica powder can improve the concrete’s anti-abrasion performance, anti-seepage performance, to prevent electrochemical corrosion of reinforcing steel.
- Traffic engineering: silica powder concrete used in highway pavement and aircraft runway, can greatly improve the early strength and wear resistance of concrete, in the maintenance and repair of highway pavement, you can advance the opening time and increase the economic benefits.
- Shotcrete: significantly improve the adhesion performance and cohesion of plastic concrete, significantly reduce the amount of rebound, increase the thickness of shotcrete once formed, shorten the construction period and save the cost of the project.
The machine is automatically packed and filtered by a screen, so that no debris is mixed in.
Request a Quote
Chinese Leading Silica Fume Manufacturer
HSA has advanced production equipment and standard experimental instruments, and maintains close contact and strategic cooperation with many famous multinational corporations.