Silica fume, also called microsilica or cohesive silica fume or condensed silica fume, is produced by ferroalloys in smelting ferrosilicon and industrial silicon (silicon metal), and a large amount of highly volatile SiO2 and Si gas is produced in the mineral-heated electric furnace, which is precipitated by rapid oxidation and condensation with air after the gas is discharged. It is a by-product in large industrial smelting, and the whole process needs to be recovered with dust removal and environmental protection equipment, and because of the small density, it also needs to be encrypted with encryption equipment.
Silica Fume Chemical properties
1. Good insulating property: Due to the high purity of silica powder, low impurity content, stable performance and excellent electrical insulating property, the cured products have good insulating property and anti-arc property.
2. Can reduce the peak temperature of the exothermic epoxy resin curing reaction, reduce the coefficient of linear expansion and shrinkage of the cured material, so as to eliminate the internal stress of the cured material and prevent cracking.
3. Corrosion resistance: Micro silica fume is not easy to react with other substances, and most acids and alkalis do not react chemically, and its particles evenly cover the surface of the object, which has strong corrosion resistance.
4. Granular gradation is reasonable, which can reduce and eliminate precipitation and delamination when used; it can enhance the tensile and compressive strength of the curing material, improve the wear resistance, and increase the thermal conductivity of the curing material and increase the flame retardant performance.
5. Micro silica fume treated with silane coupling agent has good wettability to various resins, good adsorption performance, easy to mix, no agglomeration phenomenon.
6. Micro silica fume as a filler, added into the organic resin, not only improves the performance of the cured products, but also reduces the cost of the product.
Silica fume scope of application
Commercial concrete, high-strength concrete, self-leveling concrete, irregular refractory materials, dry-mix (ready-mixed) mortar, high-strength non-shrink grout, wear-resistant industrial flooring, repair mortar, polymer mortar, insulation mortar, impermeable concrete, concrete compacting agent, concrete anticorrosion agent, cement-based polymer waterproofing agent; rubber, plastic, unsaturated polyester, paint, coating and other polymer materials, the modification of ceramic products, etc.
Silica fume Application areas
Used in mortar and concrete
high-rise buildings, harbor terminals, reservoir dams, water conservancy, culverts, railroads, highways, bridges, subways, tunnels, airport runways, concrete pavements and coal mine roadway anchor spray reinforcement, etc.
In the material industry
(1) High-grade high-performance low-cement refractory castables and prefabricated parts, service life is three times that of ordinary castables, refractoriness increased by about 100 ℃, high-temperature strength and thermal shock resistance are significantly improved. It has been commonly used in: coke oven, iron making, steel making, steel rolling, non-ferrous metal, glass, ceramics and power generation industries. (2)Large iron ditch and steel ladle material, breathable brick, coated repair material, etc.
(3)Self-flowing refractory casting materials and dry and wet jet construction applications.
(4)Oxide bonded silicon carbide products (ceramic kiln furniture, flame separator, etc.).
(5) High-temperature calcium silicate lightweight insulation materials.
(6)Corundum mullite push plate for electric porcelain kiln.
(7)High-temperature wear-resistant materials and products.
(8)Corundum and ceramic products.
(9)Cylon bonded products. In addition to the common use in the cast refractories, in the electrofusion and sintered refractories also get a lot of applications.
New wall materials, finishing materials
(1) wall insulation with polymer mortar, insulation mortar, interface agent.
(2) cement-based polymer waterproofing materials.
(3) light aggregate insulation and energy-saving concrete and products.
(4) Putty powder processing for internal and external wall construction.
(1)Raw material of silicate brick.
(2) Production of water glass.
(3) Used as reinforcing material for organic compounds. Because its composition is similar to the fumed production of silica. It can be used in rubber, resin, paint, paint, unsaturated polyester and other polymer materials as filling reinforcing material.
(4) Used as anti-caking agent in fertilizer industry.
Silica Fume Storage
Silica fume is stored and handled similar to cement or fly ash.
Silica Fume should be stored in a dry and protected environment.
Silica Fume Packaging
Plastic woven bags:
- 1 MT Plastic woven bags( jumbo bags)
- 600 Kg Plastic woven bags( jumbo bags)
- 500 Kg Plastic woven bags( jumbo bags)
- 25 Kg Plastic woven bags
Water-soluble paper bags:
- 25 kg Water-soluble paper bags
- 20 kg Water-soluble paper bags
- 10 kg Water-soluble paper bags
Or produce it based on your requirement:
- With or without pallets
- Carton packing on the pallet
- shrink wrap on the pallet
For more packaging details, please visit: https://hsamaterial.com/blog/micro-silica-fume-packaging.html